If you have substance use disorder or like to use illicit substances, alcohol, and marijuana, you may be tempted to purchase and use a drug detox kit if you know about an upcoming drug test. Drug detoxification kits are supposed to help rid your body of illicit substances, but their components and effectiveness may be suspect. Let’s look at what drug detox kits are and if they work.
Table of Contents
What are Drug Detox Kits?
Drug detox kits either consist of pills or detox drinks that the individual consumes to speed up the process of removing a substance from their body. The kits are legal, but the ingredients and quality of what’s in them are poorly regulated. This means that you may not exactly know what’s in the kit or the purity of the natural ingredients.
How do they work?
The user consumes the items in the kit according to the directions. Some may have only one step. Others may contain several, and the kits may be single or multiple-day systems. Most kits have a diuretic effect to try to alter test results. If you decide to use one of those kits, it’s essential to replenish your body with electrolytes, as these kits dehydrate your body.
Are they effective?
The effectiveness of drug detox kits is suspect. The only ones that seem to get positive reviews are the drug detox kits for marijuana (THC) when they are used to pass a drug test for employment. However, it’s important to note that drug detox kits do not help with withdrawal symptoms or stopping your drug of choice for the long term. In other words, they don’t help with the time it takes your mind and body to recover from your substance abuse.
Types of Drug Detox Kits
Drug detox kits can be purchased online and created from articles on the Internet. There are drug detox kits for alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and other substances.
Online kits can be purchased from online retailers like Amazon and Walmart. These prebuilt kits contain pills, liquids, or powders that can be mixed with liquids. These offer the best results if the directions are followed precisely. It also is a good idea to purchase a test kit to see if the detox process is working.
Home Remedy Kits
If you can’t afford a prebuilt kit, you may search online articles and recipes for home detox. It’s important to understand that there’s no oversight on drug detox recipes. They are someone’s opinion about certain foods, drinks, and herbal supplements that can clear a substance from your body that could be dangerous. It is not recommended to try a detox recipe that you found online because it could contain toxic ingredients.
Anonymous User Feedback
Has Drug Detox Kits helped you?
Trying to beat a drug test
Most people use drug detox kits to beat a drug test, like the one you might have before getting a job, a random drug test at your current employer, or a drug test required by your sobriety program. It’s important to note that a drug detox kit may or may not help you pass a drug test, and the only sure way to pass a drug test is to abstain from drug use until the substance has naturally cleared your body.
How long are drugs detectable?
Since the best way to pass a drug test is to stop using your drug of choice, you may want to know how long the drugs will stay detectable in your body. The truth is that the amount of time they are detectable in your urine, blood, and hair follicles depends on the length of time you’ve been using, the amount you use per day, whether or not you have any medical conditions that would cause the substance to remain in your system longer than average, your gender, your weight, and the substance’s half-life.
- Adderall – Can be detected in a urine drug test for up to 3 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- Alcohol – Can be detected in urine samples for up to 2 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- Ativan – Can be detected in urine for up to 6 days and in hair for up to 30 days
- Barbiturates – Can be detected in urine for up to a month and a half and in hair for up to 3 months
- Cocaine – Can be detected in urine for up to 3 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- Codeine – Can be detected in urine for up to three days, saliva for up to 4 days, and in hair for up to 90 days
- Ecstasy – Can be detected in urine for up to 4 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- Fentanyl – It can be detected in urine for up to 3 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- heroin – heroin is present in urine for up to 3 days and in a hair test for up to 90 days
- Hydrocodone – It can be detected in urine for up to 4 days and a hair test for up to 90 days
- Ketamine – Can be detected in urine for up to 11 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- Librium – Can be detected in urine for up to 6 weeks and in hair for up to 90 days
- LSD (Acid) – Can be detected in urine for up to 4 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- Marijuana – Cannabis and other cannabinoids can be detected in urine for up to 30 days, in a hair test for up to 90 days, and a saliva test for up to 3 days. It can only be detected in the bloodstream for up to 4 hours.
- Mescaline – Can be detected in urine for up to 3 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- Meth – Can be detected in urine for up to a week and in hair for up to 90 days
- Methadone – is detectable in urine for up to 12 days and in hair tests for up to 90 days. It is also detectable in saliva for up to 10 days
- Morphine – Opiates be detected in urine for up to 3 days, in hair for up to 90 days, and a saliva test for up to 3 days. It’s only detectable in a blood test for 24 hours after the last use.
- Oxycodone – Opioids can be detected in urine for up to 4 days and in hair for up to 90 days
- PCP – Can be detected in urine for a month after the last use and in hair for up to 90 days
- Synthetic Marijuana – Cannabis can be detected in urine for up to 3 days and in a hair test for up to 90 days. It is detectable in blood and saliva for up to 2 days.
- Tramadol – Can be detected in urine for up to 3 days and in hair for up to 90 days. It’s only detectable in blood and saliva for 2 days
- Valium – Can be detected in urine for up to 6 weeks or a month and a half after your last use. Hair tests can show it for up to 90 days
- Xanax – Can be detected in a urine test for up to 4 days and in hair for up to 90 days
When abstaining from your drug of choice, you could experience mild to severe withdrawal symptoms whether or not you use a detoxify kit. The detox kit does not help with your physical or mental symptoms. Therefore, it’s always recommended to use the services of a drug addiction recovery center, like Illinois Recovery Center in Swansea, IL.
Common withdrawal symptoms and side effects include:
- Anxiety and depression
- Headaches and migraines
- High blood pressure
- Inability to sleep
- Increase in heartbeat
- Muscle and body pain
- Nausea and diarrhea
- Severe mood swings
- Tremors and seizures (if experienced, go directly to a healthcare professional)
- Delerium Tremens (if experienced, go directly to a healthcare professional)
Treatment for substance abuse disorder and addiction often starts with medication-assisted drug detox (MAT), a replacement therapy. This is because many substances cause severe withdrawal symptoms that can make you very sick and discourage you from continuing your recovery. MAT treatments can help reduce your physical symptoms so that you can focus on your recovery.
Drug Detox with Illinois Recovery Center
Our caring, professional, compassionate staff at Illinois Recovery Center can help you detox and start your journey to sobriety. Our substance use disorder treatment center offers several addiction treatment programs, detox programs, and MAT detox services for alcohol, cocaine, heroin, and prescription drug dependencies.
To get the help you need, call us today.
What is a good detox drink?
When it comes to detox drinks, there are many different options to choose from. However, not all detox drinks are created equal. Some of the most effective detox drinks include green tea, lemon water, and cranberry juice. Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which help to protect cells from damage and promote detoxification. Lemon water is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamin C, and it also helps to stimulate the liver’s production of enzymes. Cranberry juice is also rich in antioxidants, and it helps to promote urinary tract health. If you’re looking for a delicious and effective detox drink, try combining all three of these ingredients into one refreshing beverage. Cheers to your health!
How accurate are at home drug tests?
At-home testing for drugs is sensitive to the presence of drugs in urine. If a preliminary positive result is received, the urine sample should be sent to the laboratory for a second test. Laboratory tests are the most reliable way to confirm drugs of abuse.
Things that can affect the accuracy of these tests include (but are not limited to):
- How the test was done
- How the test or urine was stored
- What a person ate or drank before taking the test, and was any other prescription or over-the-counter drugs taken before the test
Do marijuana detox kits work?
There is no scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of marijuana detox kits. Many of these kits claim to eliminate traces of marijuana from the body quickly, allowing individuals to pass a drug test, but there is little evidence to support these claims.
Marijuana is stored in the fat cells of the body, and it can take several weeks for the body to completely eliminate it. Detox kits typically consist of supplements or drinks that claim to accelerate the elimination of THC (the primary psychoactive component in marijuana) from the body. However, there is little scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of these products.
Moreover, some detox kits may contain potentially harmful ingredients, and they may cause unpleasant side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. It’s always important to consult with a healthcare provider before using any supplement or medication, particularly if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking other medications.
In summary, there is no clear evidence to suggest that marijuana detox kits are effective. The most reliable way to pass a drug test is to abstain from using marijuana for an extended period and allow the body to naturally eliminate it.